Tips To Manage Anxiety & StressMay 10, 2021
When you are feeling anxious or stressed here are some coping strategies:
- Eat healthy, do not skip any meals
- Limit alcohol & caffeine, which can trigger panic attacks and aggravate anxiety
- Take deep breaths. Inhale & exhale slowly.
- Get enough rest. When you are stressed, your body requires additional sleep.
- Talk to someone. Tell a friend or trusted family member that you're feeling overwhelmed, and let them know what they can do to help you. You may even want to seek professional help to talk to someone.
- Learn what triggers your anxiety. By writing in a journal or notebook when you're feeling stressed or anxious, you may be able to detect a pattern
- Maintain a positive attitude. Try and make an effort to replace negative thoughts with positive ones.
- Do your best. Instead of aiming for perfection, which we all know is not possible, be proud of however close you get.