All pictures shown are property of the rightful owners.
David Berceli, Ph. D.
David Berceli, Ph. D. is the creator of Tension & Trauma Releasing Exercises® (TRE) and an international expert in the areas of trauma intervention and conflict resolution. Dr. Berceli developed TRE® as a method to help release the deep tension created in the body during a traumatic experience or through chronic stress.
Training & Certification
The certification program will prepare you to teach TRE® safely, responsibly, and professionally.
The management of stress and the healing of trauma are challenging issues that face each of us daily. TRE® offers a revolutionary approach and a teachable technique to aid each of us individually and as a larger community.
What is TRE®?
Tension and Trauma Release Exercises is created by Dr. David Berceli, Ph.D. over 25 years ago. TRE® is an innovative series of exercises that assist the body in releasing deep muscular patterns of stress, tension, and trauma which is based on the fundamental idea, backed by research, that stress, tension, and trauma is both psychological and physical. Currently, TRE® is taught in over 40 countries by certified teachers and has helped many thousands of people globally.
Who can benefit from TRE®?
You! Whether you are a parent/spouse who would like more patience with your family, a victim of violence or accident, a soldier suffering with PTSD, an athlete, or simply a person who wants to become more resilient and just feel better about life, you can benefit from TRE®.
This shaking of the muscles increases the resiliency of the body because it causes deep relaxation that naturally reduces stress levels. It can release emotions ranging from mild upset to severe anxiety whether it is caused by work stress, excessive worry, conflict in relationships, physical stresses, or traumas from accidents. (traumaprevention.com)
The Reasons I do TRE®
As the parent of a young adult who has been housebound for years with anxiety and panic, I have participated in this certification program to manage my own stress and trauma. I have found that as I am better able to manage my own stress, that my child, in turn, can better manage theirs. I have also learned some powerful co-regulation skills to help my child when they become dysregulated.
The benefits and transformations I experienced:
- TRE® helps me sleep better at night, and focus during the day.
- TRE® helped me by staying grounded and centered in the storm of my angst and frustration with my young adult's behaviors.
- I feel I owe it to my young adult to bring my most calm, connected, stable self to our interactions, they are doing the best they can just to stay alive.
- People co-regulate off each other, meaning that if one person is angry or upset the others around them may become angry or upset; if one person can be calm, it helps the other person to become calm.
- TRE® is a healing practice, the more I heal my own past wounds allows me to be a healing presence for others.